The DOD Celebrate
So of course I'm in planning mode right now. I'm trying not to go too over board since we have a tight budget. We're still recovering from the cross country move. Not to mention the monies we've paid to have basic things in this home, like a telephone. *shakin head* I've debated back and forth about whether to cook the food myself or to just have it catered from Whole Foods (which is what I've ALWAYS done in the past). I think I'm leaning towards Whole Foods because once I wrote out the menu of the food I said I was going to cook, I realized that I'd probably save money in having someone else cook the food. The only thing I really plan on making is the ice-cream. The homemade ice-cream is YUMMY!
Another thing I'm excited about is the cake that we're planning to order. It's from this really cool bakery that I found purely by accident when we were still living in Cali back in 2005. Who knew that 3 years later my azz would be in St. Louis and actually be able to use this bakery. Now let's hope that when we go to order the cake next week, they won't already be booked because they get really busy and only take orders on a first come first serve bases. Meaning if you wait to late to order and they've reached their maximum, then you get NO cake. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
My sister and my niece are suppose to come out also and stay for the entire week. But with the high cost of airfare, I'm not sure if they're going to make it. I hope so. A party ain't a party if "TiTi and Cuzin ain't here." LOL Sh*t a party ain't a party if family ain't here. I guess that's one of the things I miss about being home. I miss being around my family.
Well I DID have more to say but since it's well over 100 degrees on the 3rd floor, where I'm typing away at my little desk, I figure I'd better stop before I fall the hell out up here. (it's really hot up here and my hubby turned off the air for some reason).
Okay, I'm done. *smoochies* - Mama Aly
Labels: The Daughters of Destiny
6 Comments:
At 5:35 AM, July 07, 2008,
Still Patrice said…
whooohoooo i love birthday's and parties!
At 8:34 AM, July 07, 2008,
Carmell said…
yeah i said i was gonna do a big party for Calease, Anna, and Aidan, cause his birthday is next week and with the move in May we couldn't really do anything for the other 2... but i really don't feel like it. i'm still debating it though.
gurl
i've been making homemade ice cream all summer! my niece says i could sell it! whats the name of this bakery. my sister said she found one in New Town that is owned by a black folks.
At 5:19 PM, July 08, 2008,
Anonymous said…
ummmmmmmm are WE invited?
At 2:41 PM, July 09, 2008,
Anonymous said…
Aly, I think this is a great idea!! You have to tell us all about it and post pictures of your precious girls!!
I hope you don't mind me running with this for my little one's :-) What a wonderful way to celebrate being a Mommy as well, thanks girlie.
At 7:32 PM, July 14, 2008,
All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said…
hey u how ya been, lil momma is basically grown now-adorable is she
At 12:22 AM, July 18, 2008,
Raquel said…
where ARE you??
Post a Comment
<< Home